2009-07-08

Lewis Black

Lewis Black

Best of Blogs

Lewis Black on John Ensign, Mark Sanford, and Barack Obama's ...
Tonight comedian Lewis Black was on MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann talking about the disappearance of Gov. Mark Sanford, the family values of Sen. John Ensign, and Barack Obama's smoking. Check out the video.
Before They Get Stale: Jerry Lewis, Lewis Black and Jody Hill
Lewis Black, DL Hughley, Larry Wilmore, and former White House press secretary Dana Perino will co-host a live talk show in Aspen. It is called The News Has No Clothes, which is appropriate because no one will be wearing pants. ...
All The Lewis Black in Aruba Commercials | Chris Abraham
Episode 1: Lewis Black playing golf with Aruba's Weatherman Description: Lewis Black discovers that Aruba weathermen spend more time at Aruba golf clubs and less weather forecasting since the temperature is always perfect and ...
Me of Little Faith by Lewis Black Review | Video Store Blues
A review of the Lewis Black book Me of Little Faith.
Lewis Black talks about news crawls and Jesus pancakes
I've never found Lewis Black particularly funny. I mean, he's OK, but I haven't found the greatness that a lot of people have. I like it better when he's being interviewed than when he's on The Daily Show or doing standup, ...
Lewis Black and Keith Olberman - Think Atheist
Lewis Black Tune in tomorrow, June 23rd. Countdown with Keith Olbermann MSNBC appx 8:45pm www.msnbc.msn.com I'll bet Carlin is watching from the roof!!
Interview: Lewis Black – 6.25.09
You’ve seen Lewis Black on Comedy Central and on the big screen. Hell, you saw him on the jumbotron wishing Johnny a happy anniversary at the big bash at City Market last August. And now you can hear him yell while reading his book, ...
Lewis Black on Breakroom Live : Jumbo Dump
Lewis Black on Breakroom Live. Lewis Black on Breakroom Live · Video June 25th, 2009. Leave a Reply. Comments are closed. Search for: Recent Posts. Groucho Marx Interview on the Today Show 1963 · Louis CK Standup · Larry David on the ...
Lewis Black: Red, White & Screwed - hHotlog
“Apoplectic” is the word to describe Lewis Black's 2006 engagement at Washington DC's Warner Theater. There's eye-crossing, teeth-gnashing, raspy-voiced yelling, and liberal use of the f-word. (As Black reveals, the Kennedy Center ...

Popular questions and answers

What books to read for summer reading?
*100 Years of Solitude, by Marquez *1984, by Orwell Absalom, Absalom!, by Faulkner The Adventures of Augie March, by Bellow After This, by McDermott The Age of Innocence, by Wharton Agnes Grey, by Bronte Alias Grace, by Atwood All the King’s Men, by Warren All Souls, by Schutt All the Pretty Horses, by McCarthy Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, by Chabon American Pastoral, by Roth An American Tragedy, by Dreiser Amsterdam, by McEwan *Anna Karenina, by Tolstoy As I Lay Dying, by Faulkner Babbitt, by Lewis The Beautiful and Damned, by Fitzgerald *Bel Canto, by Patchett *Beloved, by Morrison *Black Boy, by Wright Bleak House, by Dickens Bless Me Ultima, by Anaya *The Blind Assassin, by Atwood The Bonesetter’s Daughter, by Tan Brave New World, by Huxley Brick Lane, by Ali Brideshead Revisited, by Waugh Bridge of Sighs, by Russo The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, by Diaz Catch 22, by Heller Ceremony, by Silko Clear Light of Day, by Desai Cloudsplitter, by Banks Cold Mountain, by Frazier The Color Purple, by Walker *A Confederacy of Dunces, by Toole The Corrections, by Franzen *The Count of Monte Cristo, by Dumas *Crime and Punishment, by Dostoevsky Cry, the Beloved Country, by Paton David Copperfield, by Dickens Dead Souls, by Gogol Death in Venice, by Mann The Deerslayer, by Cooper Doctor Zhivago, by Pasternak Don Quixote, by Cervantes *Dracula, by Stoker *Drop City, by Boyle East of Eden, by Steinbeck The Echo Maker, by Powers Emma, by Austen Empire Falls, by Russo The English Patient, by Ondaatje Ethan Frome, by Wharton Europe Central, by Vollmann Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Foer Far from the Madding Crowd, by Hardy A Farewell to Arms, by Hemingway Fathers and Sons, by Turgenev Fieldwork, by Berlinski Fifth Business, by Davies The Fixer, by Malamud For Whom the Bell Tolls, by Hemingway Frankenstein, by Shelley The Gathering, by Enright Germinal, by Zola A Gesture Life, by Chang-rae Lee Gilead, by Robinson The God of Small Things, by Roy The Good Earth, by Buck The Good Soldier, by Ford *The Grapes of Wrath, by Steinbeck The Gravedigger’s Daughter, by Oates *Great Expectations, by Dickens Great Fire, by Hazzard Gulliver’s Travels, by Swift A Handful of Dust, by Waugh Hard Times, by Dickens The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter, by McCullers The Heart of the Matter, by Greene Henderson and the Rain King, by Bellow The Hours, by Cunningham House Made of Dawn, by Momaday The House of Mirth, by Wharton The House of Seven Gables, by Hawthorne The House on Mango Street, by Cisneros Howards End, by Forster *The Hunchback of Notre Dame, by Hugo The Idiot, by Dostoevsky In Country, by Mason In the Country of Men, by Matar *In the Lake of the Woods, by O’Brien In the Time of Butterflies, by Alvarez Inferno, by Dante The Inheritance of Loss, by Desai Intruder in the Dust, by Faulkner Invisible Man, by Ellison Ivanhoe, by Scott *Jane Eyre, by Bronte Jude the Obscure, by Hardy The Jungle, by Sinclair The Known World, by Jones Lady Chatterley’s Lover, by Lawrence The Last of the Mohicans, by Cooper The Lazarus Project, by Hemon Les Liaisons Dangereuses (Dangerous Liaisons), by Laclos Les Misérable, by Hugo *Life of Pi, by Martel Light in August, by Faulkner *Lolita, by Nabokov Look at Me, by Egan Love in the Time of Cholera, by Marquez Love Medicine, by Erdrich Mansfield Park, by Austen March, by Brooks The March, by Doctorow *The Master Butchers Singing Club, by Erdrich The Mayor of Casterbridge, by Hardy Middle Passage, by Johnson Middlemarch, by Eliot *Middlesex, by Eugenides Moby-Dick, by Melville Moll Flanders, by Defoe Moonstone, by Collins Mrs. Dalloway, by Woolf My Ántonia, by Cather *The Namesake, by Lahiri Nana, by Zola Native Son, by Wright Native Speaker, by Chang-rae Lee Never Let Me Go, by Ishiguro Nicholas Nickleby, by Dickens Northanger Abbey, by Austen O Pioneers!, by Cather Obasan, by Kogawa A Passage to India, by Forster People of the Book, by Brooks Pére Goriot, by Balzac Persuasion, by Austen Plague of Doves, by Erdrich The Plot against America, by Roth *The Poisonwood Bible, by Kingsolver The Power and the Glory, by Greene *A Prayer for Owen Meany, by Irving Ragtime, by Doctorow The Remains of the Day, by Ishiguro Reservation Blues, by Alexie The Return of the Native, by Hardy *The Road, by McCarthy Robber Bride, by Atwood A Room with a View, by Forster Saint Maybe, by Tyler *The Scarlet Letter, by Hawthorne The Sea, by Banville Sense and Sensibility, by Austen Shadow Country, by Matthiessen The Shipping News, by Proulx Silas Marner, by Eliot Sister Carrie, by Dreiser Snow, by Pamuk Song of Solomon, by Morrison Song Yet Sung, by McBride Sons and Lovers, by Lawrence Sophie’s Choice, by Styron The Sound and the Fury, by Faulkner The Stone Diaries, by Shields *The Sun Also Rises, by Hemingway The Sweet Hereafter, by Banks *A Tthe astricks are what other people have read and done their impromptu on
what book out of this list should i read for my summer reading homework?
My fave colors are light purple, light blue, and white. I like hearts and stars! I listen to sometimes Britney Spears, Coldplay, Colbie Calliat, Jason Mraz, Leona Lewis, Linkin Park, Myself, and Utada. I have long black hair with cinnamon highlights. For makeup, I wear mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and lipgloss. Although I don't need makeup I like to make my eyes look smaller and to moisturize my lips. I shop at Old Navy, Nordstrom, Victoria's Secret, and Sanrio. I try to be nice to everyone. My hobbies are helping people, looking at the clouds, gardening, singing/listening, and sometimes reading.
What stereotype would you say I am and PLEASE give reasons why you think this?
Lewis Black, Dane Cook, Brian Reagan, Jim Gaffigan, Katt Williams, Chris Rock, Carlos Mencia, Daniel Tosh
Rank these current comedians from first to last.?
My fave colors are light purple, light blue, and white. I like hearts and stars! I listen to Boa, Evanescene, Myself, Paramore, Leona Lewis, and Utada. I have really long black hair. I shop at Old Navy, Nordstrom, Victoria's Secret, and Sanrio. I wear (in the summer) sundresses, babydoll tops, tank tops, shorts, flip-flops, scarfs, (in the winter) long sleeve shirts, trench coats, skinny jeans, boots, hats, gloves, (in the fall), dresses, (in the spring), t-shirts, bootcut jeans, designer bags and necklaces and charm bracelets all year round, and anything Hello Kitty all year round. I try to be kind to everyone. My hobbies are helping people, looking at the clouds, sometimes reading and singing/listening to music..P.S. Sorry it's so long.Remember to say why please!!!!
Who is the hottest singer?
I'm the only puerto rican GIRL in my school full of mexican, asian, and black people. I don't dress in hollister and all that stuff. I'm into anime and video games. And I don't get nervous around dudes. I don't wear any makeup except lipgloss. I don't cuss often. I'm the only girl dating a older boy and we've never had a big fight. I don't gossip. I don't listen to miley or the jo bros but I listen to Leona Lewis and Coldplay and Linkin Park and stuff like that. Everyone looks at me funny. Am I a freak or am I just unique?
what happened to lewis black's root of all evil?
Okay so heres my stand up comedy. Hi im Shane how are y'all doin? crowd responds good. You guys said that kinda weird. No no im just kidding that would be offensive to my fans! I look at guy in crowd. Wow you have yellow teeth! No no im kidding im sorry! That was strange speaking of strange Heres a story about a guy I met in the desert back in 98 while I was hunting mongeese and chinchillas. So im walkin down the desert you know struttin my stuff. When i hear The Sound of Jerry Lee Lewis piano. Im thinkin oh my god its my cousin! Than I hear Elvis and Tony Bennet. Now im sure its my cousin. Tan I hear miley cyrus Than im like oh crap its my sister. Than a man appears with a tricked out boombox. He says "Itsssss the fluxxxxx capacitorrrrrrr!" My theory of Time travel is correct! My x-wing figther will finaly work! Then I put one hand on him and say. "Lets take a grip on reality ok lets step out of George Lucas & Steven Spielberg dreamland for a few minutes shall we? This stuff isnt real I say. He says prove it! I say turn it on. He went over to turn the flux capicatior on and it didnt turn on. Whered you buy this anyway I say. He says "I bought it from that frickin shamwow guy so it must be crap! The commercial says its only 20.00 but you lose something else. Whats that I say? Your mind he replies Back. I also got something free! Whats that? Some fruit. But it got rotten! Shoulda got debbie frickin meyer green bags! Little extra joke. Whe ngod made the first black person he said oh no i burnt one!
Is this good standup comedy?
Seeing as I strongly disagree with Rolling Stone's list, I thought I would make my own. I'm open to all opinions. 1.The Beatles 2.Bob Dylan 3.Elvis Presley 4.Chuck Berry 5.The Rolling Stones 6.Led Zeppelin 7.The Who 8.Pink Floyd 9.The Doors 10.The Beach Boys 11.Queen 12.Buddy Holly 13.The Monkees 14.John Lennon 15.Eric Clapton 16.Jimi Hendrix 17.Little Richard 18.Johnny Cash 19.Ray Charles 20.Otis Redding 21.The Byrds 22.James Brown 23.The Kinks 24.David Bowie 25.Janis Joplin 26.Black Sabbath 27.Aerosmith 28.Van Halen 29.Deep Purple 30.Billy Joel 31.Elton John 32.Fats Domino 33.Stevie Wonder 34.Eagles 35.Rod Stewart 36.U2 37.Oasis 38.Bo Diddley 39.Cliff Richard 40.Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 41.The Sex Pistols 42.Michael Jackson 43.Eagles 44.AC/DC 45.Bing Crosby 46.Frank Sinatra 47.Arertha Franklin 48.Buddy Guy 49.Jerry Lee Lewis 50.Roy Orbison I don't enjoy some of these artists, but have to take into account the impact they have had on music. Like I mentioned, I'm open to all opinions and criticism, but not insulting.*no sexism intended due to the lack of females, like I said, 50 is a short number*Just my opinion. Bare in mind 50 is a very short number to fit so many great bands and artists out there, so I'm bound to be missing a few of your favourites. And I agree Bob Marley had a huge impact on music and popular culture, but I find his music a tad repetitive, sorry.
What do you think of my top 50 greatest artists of all time?
I was on the bus going to school and 4 KKK Members were making fun of two mexican guy calling them beaners, ******* swing flu this and that.. Then after making fun of them for a good 5 minutes, 3 huge muscular blackguys looking like Ray Lewis and James Harrison (NFL Football Players) and a tall like basketball dude, must of been 6'6 sat down and one of the black guys turned and said wassup homie to the KKK guys and they said Oh wassup whats going on, but they didn't make racist comment towards them and they were black, So do KKK pick on only certain people because i thought they didn't like any kind of Blacks or Mexicans, Asians.. They also stopped picking on the Mexican dudes when they got on the bus. You can see the KKK and Hitler Tattoos all over there bodies. I was waiting for something to happen but nothing happened???

No comments:

Post a Comment