2009-07-04

Jonas Salk

Can anyone give me very brief descriptions of these people, just enough to get the point across?
Omar no it doesnt the swine flu outbreak of 1976 wasnt that bad and besides stay away from mexicans then you wont get it

Hey Muslims is god angry with Dr Jonas Salk for wiping out the polio virus that god created?
1) John Glenn 2) Neil Armstrong 3)Steve Jobs, 4)Bob Dylan 5)Hugh Hefner 6) Jonas Salk.Missing the cut: Walter Cronkite, Bill Gates, Kirk Douglas, Stephen King, Hank Aaron, and Yogi Berra. No President, no politician!Memo to sonic: Pamela Anderson wants you to know that the Hoff would be nowhere, without her input!Memo to E ticket; Ok, wrong!Memo to mydear: Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Jonas Salk is deleted and Stephen King is added.Memo to Myself; How could I forget Ralph Nader!

Who is the greatest living American?
How did the space race between the United States and the Soviet Union affect the Cold War? The space race caused tensions to rise between the superpowers. The space race resulted in several small conflicts between the superpowers. The space race lowered tensions and resulted in closer ties between the superpowers. The space race did not affect the Cold War in any significant way. What event started the space race and made Americans feel their security was threatened? the launch of Explorer the launch of Sputnik Alan Shepard’s suborbital flight the Cuban Missile Crisis Whose efforts in Mexico helped start the Green Revolution? Jonas Salk Neil Armstrong Marshall McLuhan Norman Borlaug

How did the space race between the United States and the Soviet Union affect the Cold War?
I am doing a science project on Jonas Salk. I already know that he was born on October 28, 1914 in NYC, he came up with a vaccine for polio, and that he died at age 81 in 1995. I just need to know how he died. I don't need it too detailed I'm only in 5th grade.

How did Dr. Jonas Salk die?
Tomorrow my outline for my research paper is due. Im so confused. I dont know what an outline is. Is it my ruft draft of my research paper or what is it? Can you explainnt to me how to write the outline. My topic is Jonas Salk being a hero.I found how to write an outline online and it shows like 3 roman numerals and then information under them on the actual outline do i write roman numeral I, roman numeral II

Research Paper Outline?
PLEASE USE DETAILS AND PREFERABLY THE FIRST 7 QUOTES! "A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something."- Anonymous "What keeps me going is goals."- Muhammad Ali "Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare."- Japanese Proverb "Kindness is wisdom."- Phillip J. Bailey "Never lose the chance of saying a kind word."- William Makepeace Thackeray "The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more."- Jonas Salk "Do what you can with what you have, where you are."- Theodore Roosevelt "You haven't failed until you quit trying."- Anonymous "There's a better way to do it...find it."- Thomas Edison "Thought is free."- William Shakespeare "Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."- Og Mandino "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."- Dr. Martin Luther King

How would you explain/interpret these quotes?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090316/ap_on_en_mo/obit_silver I'm a liberal. But I think it's possible. He said before his death that being an outspoken conservative was costing him work in liberal Hollywood. Dr. Jonas Salk said -- speaking of Edward R. Murrow -- that it was his observation that within a few years of most major life traumas -- loss of love or work or position -- people develop a serious illness. What do you think?David b, the causes of cancer may include stress or, as Salk said, a major life trauma... don't be naive.Agreed Julie V. A very fine actor.Straight-shooting skyman... I can respect that."Everyones life include trauma, especially when we get older." And many die of cancer in old age... cause and effect? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment